I have had a chance now to reflect on my favorite part of our family reunion.
My sister and my mom INSISTED that they watch my kids, so Grant and I could go on the adult hike. Although the adult hike fizzled, it left Grant and I alone to do whatever we wanted. We hiked to a look out spot, laid on our bellies, put our heads over the edge, and talked. It was great. Sometimes you need to put life on hold and just chill with your loved one. It is only then that you can really see the grandeur that surrounds you.
Although I have already thanked my sister and my mom, I want to thank you again.
I am far too afraid of heights to see how putting your heads over the edge would be anything but stressful, but I agree that quality time is important!
ReplyDeleteEveryone needs quality time just to talk.
ReplyDeleteYeah for deep talks !
ReplyDeleteAlice
Watching the kids was lots of fun too. As I watched Miranda play with the kids, I thought, Wow, she would make a great teacher but then as I watched design the floor plan for the pine cone house, I thought wow, she would make a geat artitect. What ever she will be great. No matter how much climbing the adults did I don't think they could have out rock climbed the little ones. They found a bunch of rocks and had a ball climbing and climbing and climbing. It was great. Mom
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful reflection. My ephipany (Ruth's voacab word that often gets worked into my conversation) was how different and briliant each child is.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed watching them all interact and Larissa prove how smart she is!