"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul." -John Muir

Friday, April 25, 2008

Alice's First Marathon

I am off to Oklahoma with Raea. She has been packed since Monday, and it is the only thing she talks about. She is also my only kid that hasn't been in an airplane. I promise pictures will follow.

April 27 is Alice's first marathon. She is running in her friend's honor for PDAP. There are two ways to track her.

1. Online Race Results:
On Sunday, you can get Alice's split times online. It is the easiest way to know where she is at and how she is doing. Go to okcmarathon.com and click on "Participant Tracking"

2. Text Messaging/Runner Tracking:
For $3.99, you can get updates on race day about how Alice is doing by text messages. Go to BazuMedia and enter as many cell phone numbers as you want. I guess there is more free information as well through them.

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, Alice! We're rooting for you!

    Too cute about Raea's excitment level :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!

    I hope Raea's first flight is as exciting for her as the anticipation of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck, Alice!!!! California is rooting for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tracking mechanism Ruth :)

    Raea did you give Alice my kiss?

    ReplyDelete