"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul." -John Muir

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Older Ones

Raea has always been such a great helper for me. Recently she has even started getting Herston out of the crib for me and giving him his special drink.

With Raea gone to school, Ethan has really stepped up to the plate as the big brother. He protects his little siblings and doesn't take nearly as long to get ready.

Growing up is so nice. And yes, I realize that new problems will come, but I am celebrating this stage.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how great it is! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! They are both such little grown ups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a cute picture. And so is the one on your header.
    I didn't initially want to have my kids as spread apart as they are, BUT it really is nice having the older ones. When my new baby is born, Tyson will be 8. Is that old enough to babysit? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you are celebrating this stage..as the stages seem to move on quickly sometimes. Kate - at 8 Tyson will be a great helper and I bet a great protector. Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME! gotta love it when the older kids can help a bit. WHEW! every little bit helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This pic is fantastic. Raea is such a great helper, when she was here she took good care of Sydney too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great moment captured here! Love these kids

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! love the pose, love the love, love the smiles

    ReplyDelete