Bright and early we dropped our oldest off for girls' camp. She is lucky enough to go with some good friends. Although I wasn't able to get a good picture of her before she left, I received a tender mercy in the form of picture texts from her leader.
I absolutely love her candid face as she is getting on the bus. It's as if she is saying "bring on the fun."
Grant took the rest of the kids to the National Memorial Cemetery of Arizona to visit his grandpa, Lieutenant Langford, who fought against the tyranny of the Axis powers.
The rest of the day was spent at the pool. Annie required complete independence lest she started a screaming match. Fortunately, she was content on the first step.
Cousins played and invented new games. Herston found his inner courage and decided he would be an official swimmer today. I find it interesting he went from certified life vest to swimming the length of the pool, but nonetheless, I'm happy in his progress.
If today was any indication for the rest of the summer, I anticipate a long successful vacation.
God bless.









No comments:
Post a Comment