"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul." -John Muir

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Why I Work

Tonight a past patient chased me down to give me a thank you card and gift. I had tried to stop her labor because she was only 25 weeks. Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful. The miracle baby is now 10 weeks old and may be able to go home from the NICU soon. I can see such poor neonatal outcomes that it is nice to hear good updates. I work to fight for every little baby that can't fight for themselves.

"At a time when a lot was at risk for my family, you made me feel calm and very well taken care of."

11 comments:

  1. if i was ever in need of neonatal care, you are exactly the kind of person i would want taking care of me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to hear that you've had such a positive influence on someone's life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so great that we have people like you that care and take such good care of others and it is also great when people appreciate that and remember to thank them. Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so nice to hear positive compliments when so many times we only hear the negative from patients and families. Awesome Ruth!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is awesome! so nice to know you made a difference to her. and feel validated for the effort. and time you take to work. WHOOHOO! you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is rewarding to know you make a difference in life - and it is always nice to see how you have made a difference and it is so nice to know when someone knows you do it because you care. Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Loved it! If we don't believe that we are helping others, we get burned out real fast.

    As usual, I am proud of you.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is awesome-makes it all worth while! 25 weeks, amazing!

    ReplyDelete