"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul." -John Muir

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Assorted Christmas Ramblings

Oh, gifts!
I am not liking Christmas this year. Too much pressure. Especially when I hear, "if you aren't going to buy me a real present, then don't buy me anything." My thoughts: You better like this one.

Oh, traditions!
There is 3 gifts I get for my kids every year: church clothes, pajamas, and toothbrushes.

On the Sunday before Christmas, I saw all these little kids running around with gorgeous new dresses. And then it hit me, why is Larissa wearing her Barbie play dress, when all of my kids have fancy matching Christmas dresses and suits under the tree?! My friend suggested that I let my kids open that present before church. GENIUS! Consider this one done for next year.

Then another friend said she opens pajamas on December 1st, so they can wear them all month. Where have I been? These cute winter pajamas aren't going to be good all year.

Am I saving any presents for Christmas? What kind of traditions do you have?

7 comments:

  1. My daughter started a new tradition this year, she's 3. It was opening any interesting present under the tree that caught her eye. Regardless of rightful recipient. I rewrapped some, others (mine) I just put back unwrapped. I hope we can retire this tradition before it takes root! But I AM looking forward to those new pjs she opened for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fave tradition is hanging out with my mom after Christmas Eve church and wrapping all the presents. Just a few hours more... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome! the PJ idea was great!

    i do the christmas outfits for the primary program then they really get their use out of them for the season.

    we get toothbrushes in our stockings, and Pj's christmas eve.

    i unpackage everything and pre-charge because santa doesn't wrap the big items. and getting out a bunch of stuff out of packaging for everyone christmas morning is too much for me to do.

    hope you have a fabulous holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I gave up the pj's since grandma does it every year.

    Our tradition changes every year. Thats the tradition :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just don't like to get a general gift for the kids written off as a gift for me:) Other than that I am open.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to start traditions with the boys next year...pjs are a must!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must be a grandma thing - I give the grandkids new pj's to wear to bed Christmas Eve - that way they look cute for pictures Christmas morning. Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete