I have been so sick that I recently took a class in Ayurveda. Healing your body by what you eat. Which totally fits with my attempts at eating "real food".
So... I've been cooking.
Last night, my parents got to try my quinoa and black bean chili. (Organic, no cans!)
Tonight, we had a caprese salad with homemade pesto sauce. (Did you know mozzarella balls come in their own water?) I didn't even know what the ingredients inside pesto was until today! So yummy. (Did you know that pine nuts are $19/ pound?)
And...
Because I wanted to have my own baked good to eat and freeze. I made a loaf of bread, 12 zucchini muffins, 25 banana pancakes, 25 blueberry pancakes, and 60 heart shaped biscuits. My fat was coconut oil; my sweetener was honey.
I could get used to this... If it didn't take up so much time.

No comments:
Post a Comment