"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul." -John Muir

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Snow 2010


I went skiing. by. myself. Ok, my snowboard instructor brother was able to catch two runs with me. Thank you even if you tried to take me down the black diamond mogul route under the ski lift. It was really fun, but next time I will take the rest of the family.

We took the kids sledding. And if you remember from last year, the kids did much better. I was much more prepared clothing-wise.

Ethan was a rock star. He kept going up and down. Larissa went twice, and she actually enjoyed riding. (This is based upon the fact that she wasn't crying when she got off the sled.) Raea went a few times, but she got cold and preferred to hold Daria. Herston kept falling in his large outfit. Grant enjoyed reliving his childhood. I went once, and found a "bad route" that led me flying in the air to record heights. The bruise on my backside prevented me from going again. No picture of that.

12 comments:

  1. This looks cold.... and fun... and cold.... but mostly fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how cute all the kiddos look!!! And you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yah snow! Herston is all bundled up like the little brother in the Christmas Story movie! (you know, remember, "you'll shoot your eye out, kid!")

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun - love it. Auntie Em

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Larissa never looked so much like me. I am sure I would look just like that had I been there. Glad you all had fun. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fun! We are in next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been skiing. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had so much fun! Thank you for coming up and hanging out in the cold weather for a few days! I was a witness to Ruth's crazy sled run - she actually almost ran me over! Good times!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome pics! My first thought was that Herston looked like the "you'll shoot your eye out" kid too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks like you had a great time!

    Herston is so cute all bundled up. I remember being like this in the snow, then I became Ethan, then the girls, and finally me today- not liking the cold or snow.. the rain here is killing me now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want to learn how to snow board! I love Herston's outfit:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to go sledding again, it has only been 25+ years. I would have to really avoid the taking flight route, though!!

    ReplyDelete