Not to be out done, Larissa wanted an outfit, too. This was so easy because it was just the sleeves for the shirt and another sleeve for the skirt. I didn't even have to hem it. Sure it is probably going to just be a play dress, but she loves it. Larissa's yoga band skirt was loosely based off this tutorial.
"Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in, where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul." -John Muir
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Therapeutic Sewing
A friend of mine from high school recently passed away. In an effort to relax and reflect, I started sewing yesterday. I stopped sewing because it was getting so expensive to buy fabric, and I could just get a $5 outfit for my kids at Walmart. I was motivated by Grant's cousin in law, crap to craft. This is just an old shirt that was too big that I turned into a cute skirt for Raea. (Please excuse the camera phone picture quality; it is really cuter than the picture gives credit for.)
Not to be out done, Larissa wanted an outfit, too. This was so easy because it was just the sleeves for the shirt and another sleeve for the skirt. I didn't even have to hem it. Sure it is probably going to just be a play dress, but she loves it. Larissa's yoga band skirt was loosely based off this tutorial.
Not to be out done, Larissa wanted an outfit, too. This was so easy because it was just the sleeves for the shirt and another sleeve for the skirt. I didn't even have to hem it. Sure it is probably going to just be a play dress, but she loves it. Larissa's yoga band skirt was loosely based off this tutorial.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

so cute!
ReplyDeleteGosh, I am so sorry about your friend.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE, LOVE the skirt. I agree, sewing is relaxing and let's me just sit and think things out.
I'd love to see some more of your projects!!
~Jaime
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend.
ReplyDeleteThat dress on Larissa is just about the cutest thing I've seen! You can tell she loves it.
Too cute! I need to talk to you about the funeral. Mom
ReplyDeleteShe's back!
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas!
ReplyDeleteAfter years of not sewing I too returned for therapeutic reasons - being a supervisor with no end product was frustrating to me. I wanted to start and finish something with visible results. I started making baby blankets - I think you know the rest of this story. Auntie Em
ReplyDeleteI love this dress. She really looks adorable.
ReplyDelete