When I meet my husband, I was madly in love with someone else. I only went on the date as a courtesy to my mom. She meet Grant at Joe's birthday party and feel in love with him.
Even though I wasn't interested in a date, I still wanted to look good. While I was perfecting myself, everyone was waiting for me at my brother's apartment. Grant didn't want to miss the first part of the Rattler's game where the buffalo runs out. My brother said, "Sorry, dude. We have to wait for my little sister." My brother never told Grant it was a date. Grant still doesn't consider that our first date. In retrospect, that was a great idea.
Anyway, I liked Grant. He was goofy with a lot of confidence. He reeked of "good guy", so I just wanted to be his friend. At EFY, I was told not to kiss on the first date, but you can hug anyone. So at the end of the date, I asked for a hug. This got him hooked. He later recalled, "Wow, Joe's little sister likes me."
I soon left for summer school in Costa Rica. As soon as I returned, he didn't stop calling. It was so easy to fall in love with him. A couple months later, he secretly bought a ring. We got engaged on Thanksgiving, about 4 months after we started dating.
Since I still needed to finish my senior year of college in Wisconsin, we had to endure a long distance relationship. It was all worth it now. Three weeks after graduating, we got married.
I love love stories.
ReplyDeleteEspecially Yours.
:)
Alice
Nice!
ReplyDeleteGrant was confident and goofy in high school too!
Yeah, Grant is the only guy my Mom approved of. Good dating test.
ReplyDeleteNot to mention, Grant's fine.... (Remember when that word was popular)
ReplyDeleteThanks Kim! I remember seeing a family picture of Ruth on Joe's fridge. You can't tell your buddy his sister is "fine" but I sure thought it. Maybe Ruth fell in love with me because I fell so hard and fast for her. It didn't take long for me to know that she was the one!
ReplyDeleteI love you Ruth!!
Grant
grant is the sweetest guy ever!
ReplyDeleteAlice
Well, OK. I'll take the credit. Why don't more kids trust their Mother. Of course, we only want the best for our kids. Love you all. Mom
ReplyDeleteThat is the cutest story...
ReplyDeleteahhhhh, too cute :)
ReplyDeleteHow romantic! My hubby and I got engaged about 6 months after we met and then edured the long distance thing too. I think it makes things a little sweeter!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great story!
ReplyDeleteI also married the only guy my mom ever approved of - must be "Mom Power" or something :)
ReplyDeleteYour mom must be a smart woman b/c I don't think I could ever had trusted my mothers opinion on a man. lol
ReplyDeleteI love hearing/reading stories about how people first met. My hubby was my boss so we had to do an undercover thing for about 6 months. I was actually working there before he was. The first 2 months of knowing him, I could not stand him!! I walked in our other manager's office and demanded for him to be fired or I'm leaving! Now look at us, we're married with two beautiful daughters.
God works in crazy ways.
I was thinking more like Grant is hot (that's the word we use now).
ReplyDeleteGreat tribute!
Oh Grant you sound so precious
ReplyDelete