On Sunday, we were playing softball with the kids in the backyard. I guess while I was at work, everyone had been practicing. I told Grant I thought he was pitching too high, so I just took over. (It is in my nature.)
Anyway, Raea hits the ball perfectly. Line drive straight to my nose. My eyes started watering, and it gave me an immediate headache. (In my defense I worked that night and was going on less sleep than a nocturnal rat. My reflexes were down.) I couldn't get mad because I was so proud of her.
Grant couldn't believe it. He said, "That couldn't have hit your face!? I told you she was good. I thought I married an athlete." (The "married an athlete" comment goes WAY back!)
Later, Raea came in the house to see if I was ready to play some more. "Mom, you have to stand back because I hit really hard."
Grant got his "little athletes".
that is so cute!
ReplyDeleteAwwww how awesome, lil athlete!!
ReplyDeleteGrant what a guy. Ruth I know you had nothing to do with Raea being an athlete, did you?
ReplyDeleteWatch out world for Babe Raea...hope Mom is ok. Love ya, Auntie Em
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Raea! Hope Ruth is OK!
ReplyDeleteAnd if you think she can throw you should see how she kicks. Mom
ReplyDelete